As the Akron Beacon Journal has said, “Know the Source” of those arguing against Issues 11-17.
This is the same old Gang of Scoundrels, who banded together in previous elections to stop Akron’s progress and development, and prohibit new opportunities for our children.
They are not to be trusted. Just look at their records:
- This group is led by a lawyer who failed to pay over $200,000.00 in federal and state taxes and even failed to pay child support until the State took him to court.
Other members of this group include:
- A former teacher accused of assaulting a 12-year-old student and suspended from teaching in the Akron Public Schools.
- A slumlord who has piled up dozens of housing violations, corrupting neighborhoods where people try to keep their home values up.
- A man arrested for trying to solicit sex from a prostitute in Akron.
- An Akron city councilman who racked up an absentee rate of 47% at important council committee meetings.
These individuals have lied to Akron citizens and have wasted taxpayer money for their own selfish political ambitions.
Isn’t it time to put an end to the negative influence of Akron’s Gang of Scoundrels? Vote YES on Issues 11 – 17 and join the support for a strong Akron.
Look at what the Akron Beacon Journal has said about this Gang of Scoundrels:
“ Ernie Tarle is getting input from - and has the support of - groups that have put issues before Akron voters...with mixed success. Change Akron Now...and the American Friends Service Committee...”
“...what Tarle and his allies seek is a way to stir up more problems. The record indicates they’re less interested in solving them.”
“ Tarle, Mendenhall and their allies have an obvious political agenda.”
July 21: Foes Blister Charter Proposals
“...Greg Coleridge...Willie Smith...Ernie Tarle... view changes recommended by Akron Charter Review Commission as undemocratic.”
July 29: Steve Hoffman Commentary
“ Howls of protest ensued from the same coalition of anti-Plusquellic Democrats who have used one ballot issue after another..to go after (him). There never was evidence that big money was a problem in Akron city politics, but Dollars and Democracy manufactured a study ...purporting to show links between campaign contributions and city contracts...All but a tiny handful went to the low bidders, something (they) knew but didn’t reveal.”
Check the records for yourself:
02/07/06: Child Support Arrears Lien - $1,504.38 (#7012985789)
State Tax Liens
- 06/07/08: OH Tax Lien - $2,058.53 (J2008-6072)
- 10/10/09: OH Tax Lien - $17,541.64 (J2009-9033)
- 10/31/09: OH Tax Lien - $8,966.65 (J2009-9870)
- 05/15/10: OH Tax Lien - $3,887.24 (J2010-4873)
- 12/31/99: $5504.41
- 12/31/01: $14,905.44
- 12/31/02: $11,712.47
- 12/31/03: $32,528.48
- 12/31/04: $16,941.96
- 12/31/05: $19,951.12
- 12/31/06: $5,844.22
- 12/31/07: $61,441.95
Total of Above Liens: $202,788.49
The only Akron City Council member ever recalled by voters, he took cash in an envelope before a Council vote. Tarle also broke into a local business, and pleaded guilty to trespass and theft, Case #84 CRA 1267.
This slumlord, who is asking others to follow his lead, has 19 separate open housing code files for properties he owns or operates with 9 active violations. When an absentee landlord lets houses in our neighborhoods go to pot, it hurts everyone in the neighborhood.
Currently, Tarle is either the defendant or the debtor in 30 separate local civil, traffic and criminal suits
In Summit County alone, Tarle is the defendant or debtor in 24 separate cases.
Ernie and Amy Tarle are responsible for delinquent property taxes in Summit County in the amount of $31,913.85. Ernie has judgment liens against him as follows:
- National City Bank: (#CV2007-03-2060) $80,000.00
- FirstMerit Bank: (#CV2007-11-8206A) $79,850.00
- National City Bank: (#CV2008-03-2087) $48,746.98
- National City Bank: (#CV2008-03-2088) $34,230.47
- Chicago Title Ins. Co.: (V2010-01-0139) $45,434.49
Total of Above Liens: $288,261.94
If you don’t know Ernie Tarle, and didn’t know he’s got something to sell you, make sure you see his YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asha-tDH3Ts
Bruce Kilby, an Akron City Councilman, was convicted in 1984 for Disorderly Conduct, stemming from an incident with Akron Police. Bruce can’t seem to obey the law:
08/27/93: Arrested and Convicted, Disorderly Conduct (harassed store clerk)
03/22/04: APS Investigation – mother claims Kilby broke student’s arm
06/02/04: Removed from teaching assignment “due to instructional and safety concerns.”
Michael Williams, an Akron City Councilman, hasn’t broken the law, but has no problem taking a salary from Akron voters of $31,277 per year, even when he doesn’t show-up:
- Missed 35 of 77 meetings of Public Safety Committee (46%)
- Missed 20 of 38 meetings of Health Committee (53%)
- Missed 23 of 51 meetings of Public Utilities (45%)
Overall, missed 78 of 166 meetings (47%)
And even though he has stood in opposition to the amendments 11 – 17, he skipped the presentation made by the Charter Review Commission to City Council on July 12th.
Greg Coleridge, Director, of the American Friends Service Committee, was arrested by Akron police in August 2005, when he was attempting to pick-up a young woman identified as a prostitute to engage in sex for hire.
8/1/0: Criminal Charge to Engage in Sexual Activity for Hire Report # 05-24789